Defining the calculation API
Before you start this guide read the Calculation API concept documentation.
- Open the project and select the “Calculation API” menu entry on the left-hand side.
- Click “New Calculation Group” to name and create a calculation group. The id is generated from the name of the calculation group by default. It can be changed later when needed.
- If you are using modules select the modules to be imported in the calculation group.
- Click “New Calculation” to name and create a calculation. The id is generated from the name of the calculation by default. It can be changed later when needed.
- Select input and output variables by clicking “Select” in the boxes on top.
- Assign id-s to the variables that will be used by programs calling the API.
- Assign mathematical domains to your variables. These will be used for validating inputs and making outputs predictable.
- Select the “Documentation” tab and document the calculation. From the calculation documentations we will generate a complete API documentation when you build your project. It can be shared with application developers to help them call your API. See the documentation language reference for details.